So to the updated news, we are still here. Since my son was admitted I could never leave him alone here in the hospital by himself. I have been sleeping here every night. I am glad we are at the Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital cause it caters to families when the children are admitted. They have a pull out couch that is pretty comfortable and an attendant brings by free breakfast to parents in the morning and much more. In the last post I mentioned that my son had the appendix taken out, but there was a lot of bacteria already in his system. He was doing better that weekend after but soon made a turn getting sick again. The bacteria was forming an abscess and a couple days later they put a drain in his stomach to get it out. That was on Thursday the 12th. Here it is Sunday the 15th and they will remove it hopefully tomorrow. I thought they would do it today, but the orders were never put in.
The Dr. here and his assistant surgeon are really nice and have been doing a great job with AJ. They said after the drain is out, he can go home when he is eating and walking around like he normally would before the first surgery. I think that sucks and I'm so ready to go home but I agree, I wouldn't want to take him home and something start bothering him again then have to come back. Even though he might still have pains, it needs to be manageable by pills only and not bad enough to need morphine any more. Me personally, I didn't want him to have morphine anyway, just cause it is a harsh drug and I don't want him to be a drug addict by the time we are out of here, lol. But I know it has been needed. My poor boy looked so sad and in so much pain. It has been the hardest thing I have had to go through with him and I'll be so glad when he is home and better. I can't imagine those parents that have sick kids that can't ever go home. I have felt so many times that there is nothing I could do to help, and there was no way for 'mommy to help the pain'. At least I can be here for him and help get him through this by just being mom to help do the simple things. I'm glad my work hasn't let me go because of this and my school is letting me make up some of the work to hopefully pass.
If I am unable to make it to my last class, I wish everyone well in their classes and maybe I'll see ya around. It's been fun!
I hope your son is well and I hope his recovery is a success
ReplyDelete