Monday, June 2, 2014

Almost done, I skipped golf!

So this past weekend I was wanted to finish my porch and get it done so I may relax and grill!!

And that's ALMOST what I did. If you haven't read my last post, I'm redoing the pavers and paving the other 3/4th of my porch with new ones. I started to actually place my new pavers around the old ones, and I'll tell you, those things are heavier than you think! So I am leveling the ground, laying the pavers and then settling it down in the sand where it fits. Ugh, I'm already tired just remembering how exhausting it was! The good news is I got 54 pavers placed and decided that I wanted to pave the walk way instead of using the oval cut outs. I was already tired, but if you want something done, you need to keep going. I ran to Home Depot and got 14 more pavers and made a new change to my idea. I was going to just leave the border of the porch alone (dirt), until I saw the stones. I made an executive decision and told my self that my porch would look so much better with these grey rocks along the border. I got home and put down the rest of the pavers I got.
And again, I changed my overall idea again.  I decided I will pave the entire porch area instead of putting plants along the back side. Guess what, that is 26 more pavers and about 4 more bags of rocks. I have decided that it is all worth it! the finished front side looks amazing and when I'm done, it will be perfect! I will soon finish this porch... Maybe next weekend.. I wish I could post the picture of the progress, oh well..

1 comment: