The weekend of May 31st was fun and then later turned into a horrible cpl weeks. We celebrated my son's 16th B-Day just by hanging out and watching a couple movies. He wasn't feeling well the next day and I just assumed that he had eaten bad shrimp on Sun night. I went to work and school, but that changed when I got home on tues night after school. His stomach was bloated and he was complaining of lots of pain. I asked how bad and said we should go to the hospital and he said it wasn't that bad. the next morning he was still in some pain so I helped him to the car and took him straight to Winter Park Hospital. I explained what was going on and they asked my son, AJ, even more. He had been throwing up with a 102 fever.
They quickly took him into an exam room and the Dr. said it was most likely an appendicitis. Within 1 1/2 hrs they had him in ultrasound and a CT Scan. The Dr. told me he had a small pin hole in his appendix and it was leaking. Now, Winter Park Hospital doesn't have pediatrics so they took him by ambulance with sirens to Florida hospital on Rollins St. From there they took him right into surgery and removed the appendix. This was the first time my son has been sick beside the every once in a while bug or sore throat. He was doing very well taking it all in and just allowing the nurses and Dr's to help him. The surgeon told me that his appendix was half dead tissue. This means it had been slowly leaking for a while (time period still unknown) and there was probably quite a bit of bacteria floating in his body already. They got some out during the procedure, but they said there is more around his organs they couldn't get. The surgery was Wed the 4th. He was doing better that weekend and was able to start eating a lil bit. But it wasn't over..
stay tuned...
wow that sounds scary good luck
ReplyDelete