Monday, June 2, 2014

Twin Rivers!! Yay!

Now if you have read my earlier posts, you will know that I have already been to this course. I actually do like this course for the most part. It "dog-legs" to the left a lot and has a lot of water. It is great green grass for most of the fairways and the greens. The only issues I had was that it was horribly hot out side that weekend. I'm sure everyone in Orlando was trying to stay out of the heat on Memorial day weekend. Since we didn't have time to go on Sunday, we went on Monday. Memorial Day. I don't have any family here and not really any friends here, I was really bored that weekend and needed to get out of my house.
On a side note, I have a side project going on at my house. I have a little porch in the back of my apartment and we are allowed to fix it up, just as long as it doesn't violate any housing codes. My little area is about 10 1/2' x 18 1/2' spot. It had some old large pavers in some spots, but some were broken and some were missing so it really didn't cover much. In addition to that there were granite oval sink cut outs just randomly placed around, some mulch hidden under tall weeds and dirt.
The past month or so, my son and I have been doing a little bit at a time. This same weekend we had all the pavers pulled up and all the weeds pulled and were going to put down the old pavers in a new spot. This means it was nothing but dirt.. So we started and got those down and also put down some of the new pavers that were to border the old. We didn't finish because we couldn't decide what exactly we were going to do with the space. We probably changed our minds 10 times. We thought the best way to figure this out was to put some down in certain areas and then if we like it, actually place them in. We thought, the next weekend we will decide and finish.

2 comments:

  1. Never been to that Course, it sounds excellent.

    Yard work, even on a limited scale always vexes me. It's like a painting, I have a picture in my mind and when it doesn't come out that way I'm frustrated. More power to You.

    ReplyDelete