A couple weeks ago I went golfing to a new course. I was so excited! I thought because it's over by Wekiva area, it'll be lush green fairways and beautiful greens! Oh boy, was I wrong! Starting off, they didn't instruct us on which 9-holes to start on, but we figured it out. Then at our 3rd hole we were doing so good that I thought we were going to have a great scoring day. Our first 2 holes we made par, and that usually doesn't happen in the beginning for us! So we get to the green and we are lined up to birdie the hole! Yay!! Then it happened. These massive sprinklers turn on right on us!! What kind of golf course has their sprinkles on in the middle of the day on Sunday when people are playing!!!! So I called the club and asked if we were somehow on the wrong 9 and I told him cause the sprinklers were on. He said not to worry bout it and that they will turn off in a few short mins. What? I couldn't believe what I had just heard.
First of all, you don't water your golf course grass in the middle of the day cause the water will burn the grass in the 90 degree weather! Second of all, there are people playing! Do you know how hard it is to putt a golf ball on a soaked green? You have to whack the crap out of it just to get it a few feet! So there goes our birdie and also we had to wait like 5 mins just for one to turn off and another then another to come on. we were waiting for almost 15-20 mins in the scorching heat just to finish the 3rd hole. We got hit on at least 4 more holes and then even our 18th hole was paused by sprinklers. We will never go there again. And what makes it comical is that the greens were all almost dead and the fairways on over half of the course were dirt and dead grass. I'm starting to wonder where I gotta go to play a decent course with out breaking the bank!
Just incase you're wondering, the golf course was called Rock Springs. and it was, I think, 25-30 per person. I've played on cheaper courses that were better. Oh well, the hunt for the right golf course is still ongoing...
to be continued...
It was Rock Springs in Rock Springs Ridge subdivision? That's where my parents live and my dad stopped golfing there and I think a lot of people have too. My parents went to the golf courses new restaurant and they put salt in my mom's sweet tea instead of sugar and didn't even comp her drink. That golf course isn't what it used to be.
ReplyDeleteHave You tried Your clubs in Osceola County? Every time I go to the St. Cloud course it looks good, well because there using reclaimed H2O. The Kissimmee links at the airport shouldn't be to expensive, municipal. There are two private clubs down the street from me, Kissimmee Bay & Remington. I remember if You took an afternoon tea time it used to be reasonable. I know there are more just can't remember just now.
ReplyDelete