So again, I was out golfing this weekend. Playing at Dubbs Dread by College Park. It was very busy for a Sunday, but that was mainly just the restaurant. Pulled in and was early so I could get a little warm up before I play. I walked in ready to go and the guy said they were low on balls to give for the driving range! WHAT?!?! How does a golf course get low on balls, unless they are not going out to get them!! Well now I had over 30 mins to kill watching everyone else practice. Seeing all the millions of range balls out there just waiting to be picked up. I don't know if they just didn't want to go get them cause it was slowing down on the course or what... oh well.
So I go over to the first tee box and wait. Then, the gentleman there said my partner and I had no choice but to play with a single! even though we are playing in a best ball tournament.. I already didn't like this course cause of the mess. I asked why we had to pair up and they said cause it was busy... um but there was no one behind us for a while and later there was a children's league in training. but still.. and again.. oh well.
As I'm trying to make the best of it, the other player that got put with us was good but we def had to play at a slower speed since he was playing regular golf rules. I will say that unless I go on another day, when I'm told it's slower and we don't have to pair up with someone, or I wont go back to this course. I am a firm believer that golf is supposed to be fun, relaxing, and a lil competitive. NOT annoying!! BUT some how we managed to enjoy the day and get a good score.
On another note, the course was ok. I wouldn't describe it as a hard course, but def ALOT of distractions with the many small neighborhood roads throughout. It is mainly straightaway holes, which is good for some, but if the wind catches your ball, your out of bounds. Only a few dog leg and most are short. Very skinny fairways with parallel streams of water. This is a course that you want to play low to the ground and with speed. I hit a couple like that and they seem to continue to bounce half way down the course. Good for me but to others might be hard to do. Not sure where I playing next weekend, but I will keep you posted!! :)
Is this you first blog...? Wow very good.
ReplyDeleteyou and your golf lol"_
ReplyDelete