Monday, April 7, 2014
New Golfer and loving it!
About a year ago, I started golfing because I was dating a guy that 'loved to golf'! Well, come to find out, I was getting good at it and he was always better at drinking! So, I got rid of him and continued to golf by myself, have been randomly paired up with other single players, or have gotten one of my friends to play a few times. I really enjoy the game and it's a great way to get out of the house and enjoy a beautiful day. I would say that I have played about 40 times so far, but I know that I'm scoring better than some regulars. I have recently learned how to play what's called a '2-man scramble - best ball'. It is where both players hit their ball and then every turn you pick the best ball you want to play off of and then move the other ball to that spot. This continues till it's sunk. The first time I played it, I won 5th place. I got a cute little plaque. Then, the second time, I won first place! That time I got a 3ft trophy! I was so excited, but now I have missed 2 weeks of playing and need to get back! It's awesome that this way of playing, I actually play against players all over the Orlando area. I would like to get better at it and be able to really compete as a hobby. I have played quite a few courses in Orlando, but have yet to venture out too far. I try to play the medium courses, but have found the harder ones I do better at. Like when I won the first place trophy, I played for the first time at Metro West Golf Course. It just recently went through a million dollar upgrade to the greens and tee boxes. It also is said to be the hardest at the back 9, but I was better at the back 9. It used to be only a private course, but now is open to every one. I will def go back there again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You go girl!! At least he introduced you to a new love you now have! I have never really gotten watching golf but have done putt putt a few times! LOL
ReplyDeleteI learned how to golf as a kid and my brother is a professional golfer and teaches lessens. It is a fun game and wish I didn't stop playing.
ReplyDeleteI have never liked watching golf on tv. I think most types of games are better played than watched. For me it's better to just go play..
ReplyDeleteYeah golf is boring to watch on tv but ive heard its fun to play. I guess I should try it some time.
ReplyDelete