So, I didn't go golfing. again... It started with a friend of mine getting me a large 10x16 tent to put on my apartment porch.. I've been wanting a gazebo, but this works out even better cause I can take it down to go with me some where, if needed. It actually is a 10x10 that has flaps that can be propped up to reach the extra 3ft on each side. Anyways, I love to relax outside and take in the fresh air whether I'm cooking or just relaxing. The problem is that my porch area (enclosed by a fence) was dirty, un-kept for many yrs. and needed some help. I've put off for the 6 mths I have lived there till now. I have not liked being out there and haven't invited anyone over, cause it's ugly.
Well, this weekend, my son and I started. There were some pavers and they were laid with sand which was good, but I planned on relocating them further out and putting a border of more pavers and granite stones to enlarge my coverage. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be. First we had to pull up the 40-sum-odd pavers and throw away the ones that were too cracked to reset. Then we had to pull up all the weeds (by hand) and rake out the layers of trash. Oh, there were layers!! In this, we found more stones underneath all the mess that were buried under inches of dirt, trash, and ?some misc. mulch.. I don't know.. It was crazy.. I felt like I was digging through someone's life.. After all that, I realized there were way too many dips in the ground and it was no where near level. I thought, great, more stuff I have to buy just to make it better..
Once the demo was done, it was time to get all the supplies. I had to buy about 50 more pavers, 12 bags of top soil to raise some spots and then 9 bags of paver sand to lay them in. This doesn't include the rake I had to buy or this thing called a pounder that's flat and you use it to pack the soil and sand by pounding it done. Yay! not.. But I thought it'll be ok once it's done and I'll love it.. My son worked 9 hours in the heat on sat and only got the old pavers reset in the new spot. I will def need to finish next weekend before it settles and I'll have to redo it. I wish I had a day off this week to do it, but it'll have to wait. Especially since I'm sooo sore and could barely move on Mother's day and still on Mon. I've got muscles hurting that I didn't even know I had!! If I can fig out how to post a pic, I will put it up once it's done. I can't wait!!
jjjj happy mothers day
ReplyDeleteyou will be back to golfing in no time:) hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete